Location: Boulder, CO
Yieldex is looking for an individual that loves solving tough scalability-related problems. You understand second-level caching, service-oriented architecture, distributed systems, and relish concurrent programming challenges.
You have experience or a strong interest in Hadoop map/reduce and think it's fun to write applications that process big data!
Who are we? Yieldex created the first comprehensive, fully integrated revenue and inventory analytics platform for digital publishers. Yieldex’s format-agnostic platform, YieldEdge, accurately forecasts, manages and prices inventory across all revenue channels. Digital publishers who use YieldEdge have stopped leaving money on the table because they no longer have to juggle multiple delivery platforms across channels and formats or untangle complicated, overlapping inventory. Leading media companies such as The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, Scripps, CBS, Viacom, ESPN, Fox, Pandora, The Weather Channel, Condé Nast and dozens of other publishers all use Yieldex to unlock the true value of their inventory. For more information, visit www.yieldex.com.
Each client brings an interesting set of technical challenges so you’ll never work on solving the same problem twice.
What does Big Data mean to us? Billions of impressions per month -- the kind that requires 400 servers in the Hadoop cluster alone. For a company of our size, we manage an incredible percentage of internet traffic.
Join our small, collaborative team and help us develop novel features, analytics, reports, visualizations, and easy-to-use user interfaces in an agile product development environment. Figure out a way to produce software that meets performance, scalability, reliability, and maintainability requirements.
You must have:
• A college education in computer science, mathematics, physics, or an analytical engineering field such as electrical, computer, or mechanical engineering
• A bachelor's degree in one of those fields plus five years of experience, or a graduate degree in one of those fields plus one year of experience
It’s very important for you to have:
• A proven track record of success in developing and delivering production quality Java web-based software in a complex production environment
• Strong OO design background and skills
• A strong dedication to unit-testing
• A strong drive to take ownership and deliver software on time
• Self-direction, effective communication and great teamwork
• A deep understanding of the JVM
It would be great for you to have:
• Experience developing in open-source frameworks
• SaaS or Web based software
• Experience with Agile development practices
• OR mapping
• Experience with Second level caching
• Experience with Service Oriented Architecture or Distributed systems
• Solved scalability challenges
• Concurrent programming experience
• A strong math background
We work in a highly collaborative, team office in Louisville, CO.
Bring your best to our growing company and in return you will be heard, supported in your professional development, and work with a team that respects your commitments outside of work.
Please send relevant resumes to email@example.com with the position name as subject.